[vtkusers] Python Wrapping and LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Charles Doutriaux doutriaux1 at llnl.gov
Tue Nov 4 13:38:21 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm using the latest CVS sources, thx to Prabhu's advise (removing other
VTK version, thanks Prabhu!) I solved my "need vtkObject" problem.

The CVS compiles fine, unfortunately, unlike in 4.2.3 after running
python setup.py install, I still need to set my LD_LIBRARY_PATH or I get
the following message (*). It is ok for now, but we plan on
redistributing our stuff and it'd be nicer if we could do without asking
the user to set his/her LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable.

Any help/comment welcome,

C.

FYI: I'm using Python 2.3 on RH9.0 and gcc3.2.2

(*)
 >>> import vtk
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
   File
"/roseland0/cdat/latest/lib/python2.3/site-packages/vtk_python/vtk/__init__.py",
line 27, in
?
     from common import *
   File
"/roseland0/cdat/latest/lib/python2.3/site-packages/vtk_python/vtk/common.py",
line 7, in ?
     from libvtkCommonPython import *
ImportError: No module named libvtkCommonPython