[vtkusers] Java / compilation of VTK4.2.2

straw dog straw_dog at hotmail.com
Fri May 30 15:55:33 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm a VTK newbie, just building VTK for the first time.  a quick question:

- i can't get the Java stuff working.  The build seems ok, but when i try
the Tutorial Step1 example i get this.  I'm using JDK1.4.1 from Blackdown
under RH8.0.

rbrook at doggett{Java}java Cone
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no vtkCommonJava
in java.library.path
        at Cone.<clinit>(Cone.java:17)

I'm not so good with Java.  whats the java.library.path.  CLASSPATH?  but
this class - vtkCommonJava, is not in any jar file i can find.

The vtk build is otherwise good.  Python, Tcl and C++ are happy.

thanks
Rupert Brooks
McGill Centre for Intelligent Machines