[vtkusers] MacOSX and VTK for X11

Chris Scharver scharver at evl.uic.edu
Thu May 29 15:41:18 EDT 2003

At 3:28 PM -0400 05/29/2003, Cemil Kirbas wrote:
>   I am trying to compile a C++ program using glut on OSX under X11. The
>error message I get is
>
>       "glut.h: No such file or directory"
>Is there a glut library under OSX?
>
> Any help is appreciated.

If you're using GLUT, why not just use the native OS X implementation? An X11 version of GLUT isn't included with Apple's X11 distribution. A Cocoa GLUT implementation is available as a framework. You could download, compile, and install GLUT for X11, but if you know you're going to use GLUT, I would recommend using the native implementation.

If you're using CMake, you'll need to adjust your CMakeCache.txt to point toward the X11 headers, as the defaults only grab the native frameworks.

Hope this helps,
Chris
--
Chris Scharver