[vtkusers] VTK and Garbage Collection

R K Shyamprakash ramakrishna.prakash at quest-global.com
Thu May 29 09:22:11 EDT 2003

Jeff,
	I did use SwingWorker. Say, I am loading an object into my VTK+JAVA
application. This takes few seconds during which my Java repaint thread is
blocked(Considering I call VTK objects from the event thread). If I call the
same objects from a SwingWorker, the repaint problem seems to have reduced.
the object loads well into vtkCanvas but as soon as I move my mouse over it
VTK throws following error.

ERROR:vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow
vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow:wglMakeCurrent failed.

I have applied locks where ever necessary. I don't get this problem when I
run the application from the event dispatching thread. Is there any work
around for this?

Thanks
Shyam