[vtkusers] vtkFeatureEdges +memory problem = problem found, no solution yet !

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Wed May 28 11:01:01 EDT 2003

At 5/28/2003 10:41 AM, Sebastien Auclair wrote:
>Will need a VTK GURU for this one !
>When using vtkFeatureEdges, we indirectly use vtkPointLocator.
>This class initiates a list of 125000 vtkIdListPtr !!! (This takes 500 K .)

As far as I remember, there is no such hard-coded number, it's a
combination of several ivars, Divisions, NumberOfPointsPerBucket,
Automatic, etc. Check BuildLocator(), you should be able to lower the
number size of this list by tweaking those values.

>We need to generate thousands of vtkFeatureEdges instances....

Sounds a bit inefficient, maybe you need to create your own actor/mapper
class given the number of objects you want to create, and minimize your
memory consumption within this class (i.e. avoiding the creation of tons of
mini-pipelines).

--
Sebastien Barre