[vtkusers] Why is VTK so slow on some machines ?

Sebastien Auclair sxa at fluent.com
Fri May 23 08:42:28 EDT 2003

The dll versions are the same on all machines. (Win2K)

I checked for both OpenGL.dll and GLU.dll

We use the VTK demo apps compiled on the same machines we are testing.
Displaying something as simple as a CUBE is completly un-responsive !
On some laptops... It works fine.
On the laptops with problems, other OpenGL software work just fine ! (ProE,
Autocad, 3DS Max,... video games.)

Vtk must use OpenGL in some particular way.

Thanks !

Seb