[vtkusers] Success rate of VTK on Mac OS X

Amit Tikekar amitt at tataelxsi.co.in
Tue May 20 03:43:48 EDT 2003

Thank you Drew.

I am looking for an application that is easily portable on Mac/Windows with
minimal changes. So I have a gut feeling that I might loose on some OS
specific API's while coming up with a design for such a software. In the
absence of such OS API's, does VTK provide it own routines to makeup for the
absence ?

To put it other way, what combination of programming languages/tools is best
suitable for the above kind of application. If tools differ on Mac & Windows
what is the %age change required while porting.

Are there any other open source similar to VTK available on the net for 3D
visualization?

With Regards
Amit