[vtkusers] Question on configuing vtk libs for Crystal Eyes in Linux

Martin D. Weinberg weinberg at osprey.astro.umass.edu
Mon May 19 16:41:39 EDT 2003

Folks,

I recently got Crystal Eyes working with a FireGL4 card under Linux.
I can get a simple tcl script with a cone to render with crystal eyes
by defining the renderer as follows:

vtkRenderWindow renWin
    renWin AddRenderer ren1
    renWin StereoCapableWindowOn
    renWin SetStereoTypeToCrystalEyes
    renWin StereoRenderOn

But when I do the same thing with a C++ application, at run time I get:

Warning: In /data/weinberg/Tars/VTK/Rendering/vtkRenderWindow.cxx, line 231
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x8065888): Adjusting stereo mode on a window that does not
support stereo type CrystalEyes is not possible.

Do I need to recompile on the target machine, perhaps?  (Worked with the
tcl viewer though . . .)  Any ideas?

Thanks,

--Martin