[vtkusers] volume rendering of matrices?

Fredrik Karlsson freka586 at student.liu.se
Mon May 19 03:40:08 EDT 2003

Hi all!

I have a current C/OpenGL app. that results in a 64x64 array that I render using OpenGL.
Now I would like to move my app. to 3D by calculating a 64x64x64 grid. The problem is that I do not
have the time to write a volume renderer that displays my grid.

Since I have some previous experience with VTK I thought I might give it a go!
When I previously used VTK I did all the calculations in VTK, or loaded a previously created volume and rendered it. Now I have a 64^3 array that I calculate for each frame (actually it is currently a 1D-array for speed purposes, so if that can be done as well it would be nice!).

To get to the point:

* How do I best connect my 64^3 array to VTK? Any other things I should consider?
Since the data in the volume changes for each frame I cannot simply output my volume to a file and load that into VTK (unless I do that every frame, but that seems awkward...)

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Fredrik Karlsson