[vtkusers] vtkRenderWindow and Python GUI

Guillaume WINDELS guillaume.windels at isen.fr
Sun May 11 11:33:43 EDT 2003

Hello,

My problem with vtkRenderWindow is that it opens automatically a new window whereas I would like to visualize a vtk file (whom I know the complete path) in a GUI (written in python).

The RenderWindow where the vtk file is supposed to be displayed is defined like this :

        self.renwin_frame = Tkinter.Frame (master_f)
        self.renwin_frame.pack (side='left', fill='both', expand=1)
        self.renwin = RenderWindow.RenderWindow (self.renwin_frame)
        self.renwin.set_background ((0., 0., 0.))

I was thus wondering what was the best way to bypass this problem ?

Thanks in advance

Guillaume