[vtkusers] fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "vtkCommon.lib"

Quan Li quanxiang_99 at yahoo.com
Thu May 1 17:44:44 EDT 2003

I am new to VTK. To get myself started I tried a
simple example program. My probelm is the same as what
was described in
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2001-March/005799.html
I followed the suggested tip, but it did not work. I
tried some other examples, similar problem like '...
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
"vtkCommon.lib" Error executing link.exe.'
or'...cannot open file "vtkHybrid.lib" '. Can anyone
help give some hints?
Thanks.
Quan