[vtkusers] Bugs (?) in Parallel/vtk*putPort.cxx

Mon Mar 31 16:08:20 EST 2003

Hi list,

there're some code lines that I possibly don't understand or that might
be a (unimportant) bug. Could someone here point out, why
vtkOutputPort::TriggerUpdateInformation(int remoteProcessId) contains

>   int wholeInformation[8];
>   input->GetWholeExtent( wholeInformation );
>
>   this->Controller->Send( wholeInformation, 7,
>                           remoteProcessId,
> vtkInputPort::INFORMATION_TRANSFER_TAG);

while vtkInputPort::UpdateInformation(), the corresponding part,
contains

>   int wholeInformation[7];
>   this->Controller->Receive( wholeInformation, 7,
>                              this->RemoteProcessId,
>                              vtkInputPort::INFORMATION_TRANSFER_TAG);

[…]

>   output->SetWholeExtent( wholeInformation );

and both are working on vtkDataObjects' attribute defines as

>   // Set/Get the whole extent of this data object.
>   // The whole extent is meta data for structured data sets.
>   // It gets set by the source during the update information call.
>   vtkSetVector6Macro( WholeExtent, int );
>   vtkGetVector6Macro( WholeExtent, int );

An array of 6 ints would therefore be sufficient, right? Or is there a
reason, why it transfers 7 ints (and reserves 8 in the first snippet)?

Curious, Mark