[vtkusers] How to implement a 3DS-like GUI using VTK?

´÷˶ dai_shuocn at 163.com
Thu Mar 27 11:17:11 EST 2003

Hi, everyone
  I'm planning to write a 3ds-like GUI app based on VTK and MFC SDI. Since I'm not familiar with vtk system, I don't know how.
  Here's 2 possible solutions in my mind now:
  - create 4 views using CSplitterWnd, and each view attaches to a vtkRenderWindow.
  - don't split the window, and the single view attaches to a vtkRenderWindow, but maintains 4 vtkRenderers.
  I have to support operations like resizing viewports or enable/disable viewports showing.
  Would you please give me some advice ?
                                                daishuo, Mar 28, 2003