[vtkusers] Textures, Colours, SetScalars

Markus Louw mlouw at unizar.es
Wed Mar 26 13:29:34 EST 2003

Hello All

I am quite disappointed with vtk´s lack of texture methods.   It seems that none of the objects can read in a simple BMP file and paint it onto
a PolyData set.

So I wrote the BMP file reader, now I am trying to visualize my data
 (3D vertex points of faces, each face with a texture map), and I´m trying to
convert the byte RGB values to floats [0,1], (so that I can set the scalar values of the vetrices to the new float colour values), but it doesn´t work,
the colours come out all funny.     I have set the SetNumberofComponents of the FloatArray scalar set to 3, and have initialized it with the correct number of tuples...

Thakns
Markus