[vtkusers] vtkPointPicker with multiple datasets/actors/mappers

Ben Held ben.held at staarinc.com
Mon Mar 24 09:39:16 EST 2003

Hi,

I have a view in which I am displaying vector field and a finite element
mesh as separate datasets/actors/mappers.  I want to be able to pick points
and retrieve field values.  When I do this using vtkPointPicker, I seem go
get either the dataset associated with the mesh or with the vector fields
(using pPicker->GetDataSet()).  I want to somehow define the order in which
vtkPointPicker checks for picks so that I can insure that I get the vector
field data.  Is this possible?

Thanks,
Ben

Ben Held
Simulation Technology & Applied Research, Inc.
11520 N. Port Washington Rd., Suite 101B
Mequon, WI  53092
P: +1 (262) 240-0291 x101
F: +1 (262) 240-0294
W: http://www.staarinc.com