[vtkusers] saving vtkwindow as vectorgraphic

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Wed Mar 19 16:50:14 EST 2003

Hi Prabhu,
That all sounds good. I'm not on the devel list so hadn't seen your post but
remember mailing about it last October...

My version of the class has text support for vtkTextActor. The other
subclasses of vtkActor2D (vtkScalarBar etc.) need something like a
GetTextActors() method in order to extend text support to them. The
reworking at the moment was linking to gl2ps.lib rather than having its code
inside the vtk class. I have vtkEPSWriter subclassing vtkExporter in the
Rendering directory. Perhaps the class should just subclass vtkObject and be
in the IO directory- that would be seem more consistent. What do you think?

I've also changed vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper and vtkOpenGLProperty to cull
wireframe backfaces, specifically for vtkEPSWriter. Maybe these changes
should be added to VTK when a PS class is added?

One feature I'd like to add or see is being able to output 3D props in
raster format and output 2D props and wireframes in vector format.

You're welcome to any code I have on the matter,

Goodwin
University College Dublin