[vtkusers] Building with Python, Java, X11 and TclTK on Mac OS X 10.2

Rich Gronostajski gronos at mac.com
Sun Mar 16 01:06:34 EST 2003

Hi,

I downloaded VTK 4.6 and Cmake 1.6 and tried to build on MacOSX10.2.
After running ccmake and correcting several of the Mac Frameworks
references that were incorrectly spelled Farmworks (The errors are still
in the VTK release), I tried to build VTK.  Much of it built correctly
but I got the following errors:

Building object file vtkRenderingInstantiator.o...
Building shared library /Develop/osxBin/bin/libvtkRendering.dylib...
ld: Undefined symbols:
_glXChooseVisual
_glXCreateContext
_glXDestroyContext
_glXGetClientString
_glXGetConfig
_glXGetCurrentContext
_glXIsDirect
_glXMakeCurrent
_glXQueryExtension
_glXQueryExtensionsString
_glXQueryServerString
_glXSwapBuffers
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[3]: *** [/Develop/osxBin/bin/libvtkRendering.dylib] Error 1
make[2]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[1]: *** [default_target_Rendering] Error 2
make: *** [default_target] Error 2

Any idea of what would cause this?  I've had problems with Apples X11
libGL.dylib in previous VTK builds and got around it by making a
symbolic link between the X11 libGL.dylib and the Frameworks
libGL.dylib.  I tried this again and got the same errors.  Any ideas
would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Rich

Richard M. Gronostajski

Professor, Dept. of Biochemistry