[vtkusers] 2D annotation problem: rotation?

N Smethurst nick.smethurst at free.fr
Sat Mar 15 11:39:09 EST 2003

Hello everyone.

I have been trying to sort out my 2D annotation today and have got stuck on
something. Would any of you be able to advise me on whether it is possible
to rotate 2D actors? I would like to be able to render 2D text at
different angles on the overlay (at least at 90 degrees and preferably at
an arbitrary angle).

I can't seem to find a method to do this. Does one exist? Maybe I have just
overlooked it? Maybe a method hasn't been written yet? Am I being an
idiot? (don't anwer that one..) I was expecting something like angle() or
rotate(). If no such method exists, maybe we could introduce one? Thanks
in advance for any advice.

Nick