[vtkusers] Tcl on Mac OS X

David Walker dwalker273 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 22:34:33 EST 2003

Hello all,

has anyone been able to get Tcl working with VTK on
Mac OS X?  I have not been able to get it to compile.

I am using Mac OS 10.2.4, VTK 4.2.1, Tcl/tk 8.4.2,
cmake 1.6.5, and gcc 3.1.  I use all the default
settings for ccmake, except that I set WRAP_TCL to ON.

The error messages I get at the end of the (failed)
compilation are as follows.

ld:
/Users/dwalker/Develop/VTK-4.2.1/bin/libvtkpng.a(png.o)
illegal reference to symbol: _crc32 defined in
indirectly referenced dynamic library
/usr/lib/libz.1.1.3.dylib
make[3]: ***
[/Users/dwalker/Develop/VTK-4.2.1/bin/vtk] Error 1
make[2]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[1]: *** [default_target_Wrapping_Tcl] Error 2
make: *** [default_target] Error 2

If anyone knows how to get Tcl/tl working with VTK on
the Mac, and could post detailed instructions, it
would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
David