[vtkusers] Moving directories after installation

Breckenridge, Arthurine arbreck at sandia.gov
Tue Mar 11 17:59:20 EST 2003

I have installed VTK on one system and everything works fine.  Then I
tried a disk copy of the installation to another system.
I get the message "can't find package vtk" when I try to run
Mace.tcl. Therefore something is being set for me during the installation?

So here's some minor debugging I did  $auto_path seems to be set correctly
The dll are actually in E:/home/vtk40/bin.

C:\>tclsh
% puts $auto_path
{E:/home/vtk40/bin;E:/home/vtk40/Wrapping/Tcl}
 C:/Progra~1/tcl/lib/tcl8.3 C:/Progra~1/tcl/lib
% package require vtk
can't find package vtk

So here are a few things I tried:
On the orignal system I moved the directory structure and get the same
error under the /home/vtk40 the file Examples/GUI/Tcl/Mace.tcl works
but when I move it to /home/test/vtk40 the file
/Examples/GUI/Tcl/Mace.tcl fails with can't find package vtk

So what variables are being set where?