[vtkusers] color in wireframes

David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz
Tue Mar 11 19:03:39 EST 2003

Hi Nick,
  I think this is a 'feature'. You could try vtkTubeFilter.
regards, Dave Pont

|--------+--------------------------------->
|        |          N Smethurst            |
|        |          <nick.smethurst at free.fr|
|        |          >                      |
|        |          Sent by:               |
|        |          vtkusers-admin at public.k|
|        |          itware.com             |
|        |                                 |
|        |                                 |
|        |          12/03/2003 08:46       |
|        |                                 |
|--------+--------------------------------->
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                            |
  |      To:     vtkusers <vtkusers at public.kitware.com>                                                        |
  |      cc:                                                                                                   |
  |      Subject:     [vtkusers] color in wireframes                                                           |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hello everyone.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature (?) so I thought I would ask
everyone. I have noticed that wireframes only get colored on the front
face; the back face it totally black. This can only be fixed by turning up
the ambient light to levels where it makes surface representation look
very bad. Thus, one is left in a position where the idea of switching from
one mode to the other is not an option.

I noticed a few messages in 2001 regarding this problem so this has been
the case for some time. Is this a bug? Is there an easy way of solving the
problem that doesn't involve just avoiding it?

Thanks

Nick