[vtkusers] on-screen and off-screen lighting

Nigel Nunn nNunn at ausport.gov.au
Tue Mar 11 11:03:15 EST 2003

Hi,
The vtkLightKit is doing a great job lighting the scene,
(thanks Michael Halle!), but how do I get this lighting
into offscreen-rendered images?  These images get poured
into .avi movies as frames, generated from an MFC-based
vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.  Each frame of the movie is
generated by:

  SetupMemoryRendering(size[0],size[1], hdc);
  vtkWin->Render();
  memcpy( ... );
  ResumeScreenRendering();

The problem is: if I don't add lights to the scene, the
offscreen-rendered frames get the same adequate default
lighting as the scene.  But once I add lights, or use
the vtkLightKit, the movie frames lose their lighting.
Can someone help me get the lights used in the scene
into the offscreen "MemoryRendering"?

thanks,
Nigel

confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of
this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it
and notify the sender.

Keep up to date with what's happening in Australian sport.
Visit http://www.ausport.gov.au