[vtkusers] vtkScalarBarActor & Disappearing actors.

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at its.tudelft.nl
Tue Mar 11 07:55:14 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 13:51, Ron Inbar wrote:
> 1. True, I shared both actors and textures.  That's because I wanted to see
> exactly the same view from two different viewpoints.  If I split the
> pipeline I would need to send every change to each actor separately.

Really?  Did you make use of explicit actor interaction?  By default,
only the camera is moved and since you WANTED to see the same object
from different angles, splitting your pipelines before the mappers
should not have been a problem.  Obviously, if you really were
interacting with the separate actors as well as moving the camera,
you're right.

Splitting before a texture always works.  The same texture is uploaded
twice, but at least it's cached from then onwards.

> 2. Under the current architecture, as I understand it, you need to split the
> pipeline before the *mapper* (i.e., define different mappers for each
> window).  If you only split the actor it will still perform poorly.

Yes, I did meant before the mappers. :)