[vtkusers] Delaunay triangulation - ActiViz?

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Thu Mar 6 11:29:42 EST 2003

Hi Julian-

At 01:27 PM 3/6/2003 -0800, julianholt wrote:
>Guys
>
>I am just downloading ActiViz (a KitWare VTK wrapper for VB) and I just have
>a quick question.
>
>Is there a VTK routine where I can pass in a point cloud (3D X,Y,Z, Scalar,
>data point array) and perform a triangulation?

The ActiViz product supports 2D and 3D triangulation via Delaunay methods.
The classes vtkDelaunay2D and vtkDelaunay3D do this. You will have to
create a vtkPolyData (with points, etc). and feed it to the classes. Once
they execute (via Update() method) the output contains the triangulation.

There are other methods for resampling points as well such as the surface
reconstruction filter and shepard's method.

>PS I would be very interested to hear any thoughts on ActiViz - does anyone
>use it, is it regularly updated and supported etc?

I think it's great, nothing like having a cool program inside a power point
slide. Of course I'm biased :-)

Will