[vtkusers] surface

Randy Heiland heiland at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Mar 3 10:40:47 EST 2003

I think it's safe to say there's nothing currently in VTK that'll create spline
surfaces from a point cloud (and if I'm wrong, I'm sure I'll be corrected).  In
CAGD lingo, what you're asking for is scattered data interpolation.  If you
google for something like 'scattered data spline', I'm sure you'll get more
info than you care to digest.  One good link for CAGD in general is:
  http://graphics.cs.ucdavis.edu/CAGDNotes/CAGD-Notes.html

good luck,
--Randy