[vtkusers] rendering multiple component volumes

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Mon Mar 3 09:25:01 EST 2003

Hi,

i was thinking about rendering of volume data with more than one
component and i wondered which would be the best way to go?

I suppose, i could subclass vtkVolumeMapper so it handles vtkImageData
with more than one component. But where would i start to look for the
details of this? The documentation is a little sparse on this.

What other ways would be thinkable? I had the idea of using three
seperate VolumeRayCastMapper and then blend the resulting images to
produce an rgb image, but this is a very dirty hack, i suppose..

So, any ideas? Did i miss something?

TIA Florian Schmidt

mista.tapas at gmx.net
sound clips - http://www.arted.biz/mista.tapas