[vtkusers] VtkFollower: how to follow camera?

Christian Pöcher Poecher at gmx.net
Mon Jun 30 11:17:23 EDT 2003

Am Montag, 30.06.03, um 16:59 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Paul
McGuinness:

> Hi,
>
> I am using vtkFollower such that some text follows the camera. I have
> achieved in getting my text to always face the camera as my camera
> moves,
> but I would like my text to move as the camera moves, such that as my
> camera moves the text will always be in the top corner of my display
> screen, and as I zoom in and out the text will zoom in and out with the
> camera such that the text never changes in size on the screen.

It sounds like you would want to use some kind of text that draws on a
imaginary 2D plane in front of the camera, like it is done with the
vtkScalarBarActor. There are some classes that do this work, although I
don't know the name. Perhaps you peek into the documetation for
vtkTextMapper?