[vtkusers] wxWindows/VTK

Mathieu Malaterre Mathieu.Malaterre at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Mon Jun 30 08:46:15 EDT 2003

Nigel Nunn wrote:
> Hi Mathieu,
>
> Problem may include a failure of VC++ v6 preprocessor to expand
> WX_BASE_CLASS in the wx RTTI macros.  Worked fine after explicit
> expansion of WX_BASE_CLASS (note: linked to static vtk libs)
>
> In file wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.cxx,
>
> //IMPLEMENT_DYNAMIC_CLASS(wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor, WX_BASE_CLASS)
>   IMPLEMENT_DYNAMIC_CLASS(wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor, wxWindow)
>
> //BEGIN_EVENT_TABLE(wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor, WX_BASE_CLASS)
>   BEGIN_EVENT_TABLE(wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor, wxWindow)

Excellent ! I am not a wx guru, so thank you for this help.
Should I also change:

class wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor : public WX_BASE_CLASS

into

class wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor : public wxWindow

> Also, commented out pRenderer->Delete().  This kills the process,
> but I get same problem with the MFC version. (Vtk: Dec 14 2002)
>
> void MyFrame::DestroyVTK()
> {
>   if (pRenderer != 0) {
>     // pRenderer->Delete();  ! Note: skip this line
>   }
> }

Yeah, I don't understand this. I don't have problems under linux...if
someone can shed some light on it...

> Nigel
> PS: Mathieu, nice implementation!

Thank you !