[vtkusers] wxWindows/VTK

Nigel Nunn nNunn at ausport.gov.au
Mon Jun 30 05:13:18 EDT 2003

Hi Mathieu,

Problem may include a failure of VC++ v6 preprocessor to expand
WX_BASE_CLASS in the wx RTTI macros.  Worked fine after explicit
expansion of WX_BASE_CLASS (note: linked to static vtk libs)

In file wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.cxx,

//IMPLEMENT_DYNAMIC_CLASS(wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor, WX_BASE_CLASS)
  IMPLEMENT_DYNAMIC_CLASS(wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor, wxWindow)

//BEGIN_EVENT_TABLE(wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor, WX_BASE_CLASS)
  BEGIN_EVENT_TABLE(wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor, wxWindow)

Also, commented out pRenderer->Delete().  This kills the process,
but I get same problem with the MFC version. (Vtk: Dec 14 2002)

void MyFrame::DestroyVTK()
{
  if (pRenderer != 0) {
    // pRenderer->Delete();  ! Note: skip this line
  }
}

Nigel
PS: Mathieu, nice implementation!

>  Did you used my FindwxWindows.cmake
>
> http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~malaterre/cmake/FindwxWindows.cmake
>
> This set a lot of default flags for wxWindows (you'll find it
> also attached to this email).
>
> If you don't want to change the one shipped with CMake. Just create
> a directory under wxVTK: for example myCMakeModules
>
> Then open wxVTK/CMakeLists.txt
>
> Comment this line:
> #FIND_PACKAGE(wxWindows)
>
> and add this line instead:
> INCLUDE (${wxVTK_SOURCE_DIR}/myCMakeModules/FindwxWindows.cmake)
>
> rerun cmake, recompile and -hopefully- you should be all set.
>
> HTH
> mathieu
>

> > As you can see, the sample portion compiles just fine (no errors),
> > but when building the wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor, it spit up three
> > errors (one above, two very similar, three lines down associated
> > with the BEGIN_EVENT_TABLE macro), and 33 warnings (one above, all
> > complaining of inconsistent dll linkage, and dllexport assumed.

confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of
this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it
and notify the sender.

Keep up to date with what's happening in Australian sport.
Visit http://www.ausport.gov.au