[vtkusers] VTK & kdevelop

N Smethurst nick.smethurst at free.fr
Wed Jun 25 07:29:47 EDT 2003

Christos

There's no problem using VTK classes in a c++ program developed with
KDevelop. my main activity involves a program developed with KDevelop
using QT/KDE & VTK.

You can use VTK in the same way as any other shared library. Go into the
project options dialog, and add the following (this is for KDevelop 2.15):

This assumes that VTK is installed in /usr

In compiler options:
  In Flags and Warnings:
    C Preprocessor flags: -I/usr/include/vtk
    C++ Compiler flags: -Wno-deprecated  (this avoids all the deprecated
                                          messages)
  In Linker Flags
    Additional flags: -L/usr/lib/vtk
                      -Wl,--rpath,/usr/lib/vtk

In Linker Options:
 Additional libraries: -lvtkIO -lvtkHybrid -lvtkGraphics -lvtkRendering
                       (and any others that you may need)
 You probably need to select the math check box too.

and that should be all you need to do apart from including the headers in
your program as normal like:

#include <vtkActor.h>

Hope this helps.

Nick