[vtkusers] InsertNextCell memory allocation problem

Markus Louw mlouw at unizar.es
Thu Jun 19 05:15:27 EDT 2003

Hi All

I think there is some kind of a memory allocation problem with
int vtkCellTypes::InsertNextCell(unsigned char type, int loc)

Using 4 differerent PolyData objects, I load the cells into each one by building up a
vtkCellArray.   After inserting about 250 cells into the vtkCellArray for the 3rd vtkPolyData object, I get an error which says that the memory could not be written to.

vtkPoints *points = vtkPoints::New();
  points->SetNumberOfPoints(Pset->size());
vtkCellArray *polys = vtkCellArray::New();

points->InsertPoint(i,x);

polys->InsertNextCell(3,tri);

I used to get a similar error for inserting points, which was fixed by setting the number of points beforehand, but
using

polys->Allocate(2000, 1000 );

beforehand doesn't help.

Has anyone come across this or are there any ideas?

Thanks
Markus