[vtkusers] Re: vtkusers digest, Vol 1 #1884 - 11 msgs

Nico Vermaas vermaas at astron.nl
Thu Jun 19 02:28:48 EDT 2003

Hi Dennis,

I have exactly the same problem with 4.x on Linux (Suse 7.3), if you find a solution let me know. Will do the same.

Nico
Message: 4
From: <dsjen at cs.unc.edu>
To: vtkusers at public.kitware.com
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:20:01 -0400
Subject: [vtkusers] Volume Opacity

Hello VTK Users,

I'm having trouble changing the opacity of a vtkVolume.  I'm creating
a vtkPiecewiseFunction and adding the following points to the function
with the following lines of code, where opacity is a the piecewise
function:

	opacity.AddPoint(0, 0.0);
	opacity.AddPoint(255,0.0);

This should make the volume completely transparent after I set the
opacity of the volume:

	property.SetScalarOpacity(opacity);
	actor.SetProperty(property);

If anyone has any suggestions, needs clarification, or can point me to
any references, I'd be very grateful.  Also, just for reference, I'm
using vtk4.0 on WindowsXP.

Thanks,
Dennis

Nico Vermaas
ASTRON - Westerbork Synthesis Radio Telescope
Schattenberg 1 - 9433 TA Zwiggelte - The Netherlands

tel: +31 593 598710
vermaas at astron.nl