[vtkusers] Rendering without displaying a window

Greg Scott g.scott at oneteldsl.net
Wed Jun 18 19:44:08 EDT 2003

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a way to render in VTK without actually displaying the result; all I need is the pixel data generated by the rendering. How would one specify the size of the rendering produced?

A similar problem is as follows. I want to create a renderering of a specific size, say 256 x 256. In Java, I find this problematic since whatever I add the vtkPanel to will resize it according to its own agenda. Does anyone know a work around? (As you can see, by avoiding drawing the window completely, as in my first question, you also avoid this resize issue).

Any advice would be very much appreciated,

Greg