[vtkusers] Manual Memory Allocation

Curtis Badke realtime_vis at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 18 17:42:05 EDT 2003

Top O' The Mornin' To Ya!

I am attempting to incorporate VTK into a real-time visualisation system
which uses multiple threads and shared memory in order to split the
workload.  In order to make this work we have created a memory management
system which allocates memory and gives a pointer to each thread to use.

I am wondering if there is a way to create and use VTK objects (ie.
vtkPolyData) in pre-allocated memory spaces.  I would prefer to be able to
do this since it will make it easier to control memory use as well as to
share the VTK objects between multiple threads.

Thanks
CB