[vtkusers] undefined reference to vtkJPEGWriter when defined?

Paul McGuinness mcguinpg at maths.tcd.ie
Mon Jun 16 13:08:53 EDT 2003

Hi Developers,

I have a small problem with some simple piece of test code
 and essentially I just want to write my 'renWin' as it is so called to a
jpeg
file using vtkJPEGWriter, but I get the following
error:

Building dependencies cmake.check_depends...
-- Compiling VTK loaded commands
-- Compiling VTK loaded commands - done
Building object file meshcolorjacobi.o...
Building executable meshcolorjacobi...
meshcolorjacobi.o: In function `main':
meshcolorjacobi.o(.text+0x3e6): undefined reference to
`vtkJPEGWriter::New(void)'
meshcolorjacobi.o(.text+0x55b): undefined reference to
`vtkImageWriter::SetFileName(char const *)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [meshcolorjacobi] Error 1
make: *** [default_target] Error 2

Does anyone know what this could mean, I have checked and I have both
vtkJPEGWriter.h and vtkImageWriter.h, and I have correctly defined these
in my source code. I would very much appreciate your
help.

Thanks,
Paul.