[vtkusers] Re gcc 3.3 problems

David Gobbi dgobbi at imaging.robarts.ca
Fri Jun 13 21:51:33 EDT 2003

Hi John,

Your best bet is to downgrade to gcc 3.2.2 or 3.2.3,
gcc 3.3 is only a month old (and therefore probably
has more than a handful of bugs and miscellaneous
backwards compatibility problems), whereas the gcc 3.2
series is nearly a year old.

It's a good bet that the VTK maintainers are going
to wait for gcc 3.3.2 before moving over to the
gcc 3.3 series, and I suggest that anyone who doesn't
want to walk the bleeding edge should also wait for
gcc 3.3.2 before making the switch.

 - David