[vtkusers] CVS gasps and dies

John Sincock jss at au.mensa.org
Fri Jun 13 18:47:22 EDT 2003

apologies to all,

> <snip>
> cvs server: Updating VTK/Wrapping/Tcl/vtktesting
> S-> Reader_Lock(/cvsroot/VTK/VTK/Wrapping/Tcl/vtktesting)
> S-> Lock_Cleanup()
> S-> rename(CVS/Entries.Backup,CVS/Entries)
> S-> unlink_file(CVS/Entries.Log)
> cvs checkout: dying gasps from public.kitware.com unexpected

I thought this was a problem, but... I just did a checkout, without the
-t option to cvs, and it completed successfully... and the last file
was VTK/Wrapping/Tcl/vtktesting ....

So that "dying gasps" message was just a minor problem with my

Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.1p1

obviously when the -t is used it spits out that little error message
even when the checkout / update has completed successfully.

doh!

John

ps i need sleep. But i shall soon sleep soundly while my VTK
compiles :)