[vtkusers] Build completed on OS X, but examples trouble

Chris Scharver scharver at evl.uic.edu
Fri Jun 13 11:22:26 EDT 2003

At 8:45 AM -0600 06/11/2003, David Gunter wrote:
>Thanks. This launched Mace and the window appears and remains. However, I
>cannot interact with it. The window never really comes to focus (title area
>remains gray) despite my clicking on it. I can kill it with the Aqua 'x'
>button but that's about it.

There are some strange issues with manually generated Cocoa windows. Apple's GLUT source code even includes a static library hack to work around the window focus problem. Are you certain that you have USE_CARBON set to ON and USE_COCOA set to off? The two options are exclusive to each other. I have seen the behavior you describe with Cocoa but not with Carbon.

Chris
--
Chris Scharver
Electronic Visualization Laboratory