[vtkusers] Volume rendering - resolution

Lisa Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Fri Jun 13 09:28:22 EDT 2003

Hello Cedric,

The automatic adjustment of the image sampling is default behavior with ray
cast volume rendering. I believe you adjust this in VTK 2.4 in the
vtkRayCaster which you can get from the vtkRenderer (it's been a long time
since VTK 2.4 and a lot has changed since then!)

If possible I would recommend moving up to VTK 4.2. I would also recommend
trying the vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D with your data as it is likely to be
faster (as long as you have a reasonable graphics card in your system) You
can use vtkLODProp3D to tie together both mappers (ray casting and texture
mapping).

Lisa