[vtkusers] Volume rendering - resolution

Cedric LE MAITRE Cedric.Le.Maitre at ifremer.fr
Fri Jun 13 05:25:29 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm a VTK beginner and i'm looking at volume rendering for acoustic fish
schools vizualisation.
I'd retrieve a code based on VTK2.4 wich display a high resolution image
after the volume rendering computation (cf. 3D-volum-high-resol.jpg).
And when we want to interact with the scene (translation, rotation...)
it goes on a low level rresolution display (cf. 3D-volum-low-resol.jpg).
I don't know why ? is it automatic with VTK volume rendering ?

I have to improve performance for this vizualition. vtkLODProp3D seems
interesting for that, because it work with a Level Of Detail function of
frame rate. This class seems inexistant in VTK2.4, could it be that
implementation which work with my existant rendering ?

Every information, news on vtkLODProp3D or vtkVolumeRendering are
welcome.

Regards,
Cedric.