[vtkusers] vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter

R K Shyamprakash ramakrishna.prakash at quest-global.com
Fri Jun 13 09:11:12 EDT 2003

Hi,
       I had posted this question few days back. I also searched the users
archive but could not find any solution. I want to find the number of
regions in my polydata. so I run the following code.

vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter con = new vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter();
con.SetInput(myPolyData);
con.SetExtractionModeToAllRegions();
con.Update();
int numRegions = con.GetNumberOfExtractedRegions();

       But my application frequently crashes in the line where I call
Update() on the filter. I am using Windows NT 4.0 with JAVA 1.4.1_02. Am I
doing anything wrong here or Is there any other way of getting the region
count?

Thanks
Shyam