[vtkusers] Build completed on OS X, but examples trouble

David Gunter david at davidgunter.com
Tue Jun 10 19:31:17 EDT 2003

I've been working since the weekend to get VTK on my OS X 10.6 system. I
have installed working Tcl/Tk 8.4 distributions, and a fresh Python 2.2
build. Both of these packages were built for Carbon.

I downloaded a fresh install of VTK today, and ran ccmake and made sure
everything was pointing to the right places. I then ran make and an hour
later, VTK finished building with no error messages.

Amazing.

However, I can't seem to get the examples to run.
If I run the GraphicsCxxTests I get a list of 7 options to run, but any one
of them displays a quit window with some graphics that immediately
disappears
and then the GraphicsCxxTests program ends.

Is this expected behavior?

Thanks,
David