[vtkusers] Getting image data quickly into Java objects

Greg Scott g.scott at oneteldsl.net
Thu Jun 5 14:26:26 EDT 2003

I've seen in the past people have asked a similar question, yet I've found no answers.

I would like to move the RGB data from a vtkImageData instance into Java, i.e. into a byte[] array. As I understand it, the usual GetScalarPointer methods are not available in the Java wrapping of VTK.

Can anyone suggest a fast way to do this, other than looping through the entire image data doing GetPoint... on each one, which returns, say a float.

Thanks
Greg