[vtkusers] VTK on OSX

olivier Fedrigo ofedrigo at iastate.edu
Thu Jun 5 14:06:56 EDT 2003

Thanks for all your emails, I fixed it now...

I tried the sample code given on VTK web page (the drawing of the sphere)
and I obtained the following errors:

"invalid use of undefined type 'struct vtkProperty'"
"forward declaration of 'struct vtkProperty'"

any ideas?

Sorry for all these questions, I do not want to bother you with all my
debugging questions but I really would like to get a good start with VTK
and quickly "focus on the fun part".

Thanks again

O.

On Thursday, June 5, 2003, at 12:05  am, olivier Fedrigo wrote:

>Thanks for your emails guys.
>I finally succeeded to compile VTK 4.2.3 with Cmake 1.6.7-darwin
>
>however how do you install VTK in a carbon project? I may sound dumb but I
>am just starting using OSX, carbon (except for few basic applications) and VTK
>
>I added as frameworks:
>libvtkCommon.a
>libvtkfiltering.a
>libvtkGraphics.a
>libvtkimaging.a
>libvtkrendering.a
>and OpenGl.framework.
>Also, I added in Sources all the VTK headers.
>
>To test it, in Main.c I added: #include <Carbon/Carbon.h> and #include
>"vtkRenderer.h"
>I obtained several build errors concerning 'iostream' 'strstream'...etc...
>not found. (they are called by vtklOStream.h)
>Do I have to get these files and add them in my libraries list or did I
>miss something in installing and compiling VTK?
>
>Thanks a lot,
>
>Olivier

Olivier Fédrigo
240 Science II
Department of Zoology and Genetics
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011
Lab:  (515) 294-4257  *  Office:  (515) 294-5080  * FAX:   (515) 294-8457
http://www.mbb.iastate.edu/~gnaylor/Olivier.html