[vtkusers] OpenGL question

Jianlong Zhou zhou at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Wed Jun 4 10:20:18 EDT 2003

Hi, all,

I want to know whether it is possible in OpenGL to disable rendering when reading and
writing something in the framebuffer?
I want to write and read(!) something in the framebuffer but meanwhile the
framebuffer shouldn't be drawn.

There are two functions related to this:
glDrawBuffer - specifies a buffer to render to
glReadBuffer - specifies the buffer where pixels are read from

But I couldn't find the function for disabling rendering the framebuffer to the
monitor! Or isn't it possible to disable it and the current read buffer is
displayed?

Best regards,

Jianlong