[vtkusers] Removing cells inside solids !

Malcolm Drummond malcolm at geovision.co.za
Tue Jun 3 10:32:23 EDT 2003

Hi Sebastien

What I would do is make a copy of the pointset and then translate it (with
transform filter) by your extrusion vector. Number of original points = n :
Set total number of points for your output = 2n, copy the old points into
the new output (0 ... n-1), then copy in the new translated points (n ...
2n-1). Now you can 'stitch' up the quads using your old polygon indexes and
the n offset (so a segment [i, j] would become a quad  [i, j, j+n ,i+n])
(also make sure you connect the last quad back onto the first). Now do the
tesselation of the polygon, then access the tesselator outputs cell-array -
use the indexes directly for the first cap, offset by n for the second cap.
I think it will work.

Malcolm