[vtkusers] Removing cells inside solids !

David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz
Mon Jun 2 18:08:28 EDT 2003

Hi Sebastien,
   what about using vtkFeatureEdges with BoundaryEdgesOn (and the others
off) on the 'square', before extruding?
regards
     Dave Pont

|--------+--------------------------------->
|        |          "Sebastien Auclair"    |
|        |          <sxa at fluent.com>       |
|        |          Sent by:               |
|        |          vtkusers-admin at public.k|
|        |          itware.com             |
|        |                                 |
|        |                                 |
|        |          03/06/2003 08:26       |
|        |                                 |
|--------+--------------------------------->
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                            |
  |      To:     <vtkusers at public.kitware.com>                                                                 |
  |      cc:                                                                                                   |
  |      Subject:     [vtkusers] Removing cells inside solids !                                                |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Sorry for this repost but we never had any answers and it is now becoming a
critical issue for us.

Is there a filter that would remove the facets inside a solid ?

Let say i have a square formed with two triangles. (See attached image )
I extrude this square to get a cube.
Because ALL edges are extruded to produce facets, the resulting cube will
have an unacessary internal diagonal facet.

Is there a vtkFilter that could remove those internal topologies ?

Thanks !
Seb

(See attached file: cube.jpg)