[vtkusers] Rotate Text

Kai Ludwig kai.ludwig at uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Jul 30 08:47:47 EDT 2003

Hi,

I just started to use VTK for vis scientific data in
2 (maybe later 3) dimensions. In 2D, I want to use that nice
2DActors offered by VTK (vtkXYPlotActor or vtkAxisActor2D).

My question:

Does anyone know how to rotate the titles, or more general
any vtkActor2D textobject ? (A small drawback is that the
title of a vertical axis is also shown horizontal).
Why I'm asking:
It would be nice to use both a nice font and the possibility
to rotate the text string in a 2D plane (around z-Axis), instead
of using a vtkVectorText object.

Thanks,
Kai