[vtkusers] Large data files

Marcio Mathias (SAO PAULO/EDB) marcio.mathias at ericsson.com
Fri Jul 25 14:20:01 EDT 2003

Hi VTKUsers,

I wrote an application to read a huge data file (1 ~2 GBytes) where the informations is a collection of structured data. Every block is identified by its id ("scalarsN" where N is the block indicator). The structured data is 200 x 100 x 50 points and it is taking a lot of minutes to retrieve the proper information to be rendered.
I am using Tcl/Tk scripts and would like to know what can be done to spped up the reading process. All sugestions will be welcome!

Regards,

Marcio