[vtkusers] Unable to associate vtk.exe with Tcl files

Xianjin Yang Yang at AGIUSA.COM
Fri Jul 25 13:31:09 EDT 2003

Hi All,

I built VTK with Borland C++ Builder 6 on Win XP and got all LIB's and vtk.exe.
I could run TCL examples from the command line by issuing a command like this:

C:\VTK\Examples\Annotation\Tcl\vtk xyplot.tcl

However, this is inconvenient. I tried to associate vtk.exe with the Tcl files
but had no luck. I did it with "Open With" and then located vtk.exe. My Win XP
somehow could not identify vtk.exe. When I double-click a Tcl file, I got the
error "can't fine package vtk". I did set TCLLIBPATH = C:/vtkbin/Wrapping/Tcl

I installed vtk binaries from a CD before and there was no problem to associate
vtk.exe to Tcl files. In that case, VTK appeared in the program list of Open
With window. I removed that installation before current build with BCB6.

Someone please help solve this problem. Thanks.

Yang